Meeting Statutory Deadlines: Workers’ Compensation
Describes available workers’ compensation benefits, plus procedures and deadlines for attorneys representing employees, employers, insurers, or lien claimants. Comprehensive coverage of SB 899 included.
This guide describes available workers’ compensation benefits and sets out the necessary procedures and deadlines for attorneys representing injured employees and for attorneys representing employers, insurers, or lien claimants. Includes comprehensive coverage of SB 863 and recently adopted emergency regulations.
Features of the guide include:
- Comprehensive coverage of SB 863, including changes to workers’ compensation benefits, procedures, and statutory deadlines
- Emergency regulations adopted to implement SB 863
- New steps on: requesting and pursuing independent medical review when employer modifies, delays, or denies treatment recommendation; requesting and pursuing independent bill review when provider objects to amount paid by employer
- Discussion of amended deadlines for filing lien claims as well as new filing and activation fees
- Before Taking the Workers’ Compensation Case
- Before and After Meeting With Employee
- Representing Employees, Employers, Insurers, or Lien Claimants
- Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit
- Requesting and Obtaining Medical Evaluations
- After Determining Deadlines