While other practice guides tell you how to litigate your appeal, Strategies on Appeal shows you how to win it!
Drawing on decades of experience handling and consulting on hundreds of appeals in state and federal courts, Myron Moskovitz, one of California’s leading appellate lawyers, distills the lessons he’s learned into one convenient resource. Moskovitz explains step-by-step and through numerous examples his strategy for crafting your appellate brief to focus on the key tactical issues and the justice of your client's case.
Strategies on Appeal discusses not just the formalities of litigating an appeal, but also the practicalities, such as knowing how much legal research to do, the optimal way to organize your brief’s statement of facts and arguments, and the factors that go into determining whether to file a petition for review.
It includes ten sample briefs demonstrating the points made in the book.
Strategies on Appeal covers all aspects of the appellate process:
- Setting up the appeal in the trial court and deciding whether to appeal
- How to research, organize, and draft opening, responding, and reply briefs
- Preparing and delivering an oral argument for maximum impact
- Petitioning for review in the California Supreme Court
- Writ review of non-appealable trial court orders
- How to bill for appellate work