Businesses may protect their trade secrets but may not prevent fair competition. However, it is often difficult for employers and former employees to know what they can and cannot do while competing. Join Robert Yonowitz for guidance on protecting trade secrets and other confidential information against misappropriation by departing employees. You will also learn how employers can hire from competitors, and departing employees can compete with former employers, and avoid trade secret claims.
- Strategies for avoiding trade secrets disputes
- Protecting trade secrets with nondisclosure and other employment agreements
- Best practices for hiring new employees and managing departing employees
- Tips on competing with a former employer without breaching contractual obligations and fiduciary duties
- Remedies for trade secret theft
- Latest developments in trade secret litigation, including the new Defend Trade Secrets Act
This is an intermediate level program and assumes some employment experience.